9 Apr 2012

My Creative Scrapbook Challenges

This is my LO for the My Creative Scrapbook March challenge - to use different textures on your LO. I embossed and inked, used twine for stitching, chipboard, misting, burlap, lace (inked)...


The photo is my daughter Jen when she was 4 in Beddgelert in Wales at the gravestone of Gelert the faithful hound of Prince Llewelyn.


The story on the tombstone reads

" In the 13th century Llewelyn, prince of North Wales, had a palace at Beddgelert. One day he went hunting without Gelert, the Faithful Hound, who was unaccountably absent.

On Llewelyn's return the truant, stained and smeared with blood, joyfully sprang to meet his master. The prince alarmed hastened to find his son, and say the infants cot empty, the bedclothes and floor covered with blood.

The frantic father plunged his sword into the hounds side, thinking it had killed his heir. Tho dogs dying yell was answered by a child's cry.

Llewelyn searched and found his boy unharmed, but near by lay the body of a mighty wolf which Gelert had slain.

The prince filled with remorse is said never to have smiled again. He buried Gelert here"
I was taken here a girl by my parents and cried at the story of Gelert. I think Jen was too young to understand


My Creative Sketches has another fantastic sketch on their blog ( closing date 14th April )

I've been really lucky with previous sketches and have won some lovely prizes as a random winner. I'll be uploading my entry tomorrow






2 comments:

  1. Fab layout Lesley, love your colours of paper and great story of the tomb stone. Nice photo too of your DD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful LO Lesley but what a sad story :( You know me Mrs Mush, brought a lump to my throat xx

    ReplyDelete