8 Nov 2009

Lake District

Have had a lovely weekend staying in the Lake District. Its rained for most of the weekend but we decided to have a short walk in Whinlatter Forest. As I'm recovering from a recent operation chose to do a short easy route thought the Forest - the blue walk according to hubby ( he had the map).
As we headed through the forest following the blue markers it was getting steeper and steeper but as we had been walking for over an hour I slowed down and thought we must be nearly at the end. How wrong I was, dear hubby realised he had been looking at the wrong side of the map and was actually following the blue walk in a different wood ( Dodd Woods ) and the Blue walk in Whinlatter Forest was a couple of hours and steep.


I will have to take charge of the map next time.
Anyway the scenery even though it was very wet and raining was beautiful and I would go again when I am fitter
This is the view from our hotel room over Lake Bassenthwaite. I will post some pictures of the hotel tomorrow
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment